Tuesday, July 8, 2008

PASADENA RUN

On June 21st four friends and I ran in a 8k race down in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl.  It was a trail race and that was a first for me.  We all had a really good time although it would have been much better if they had started it earlier, the sun is sooooo hot these days and 8am is too late to begin a race.  Brian and Avery along with some of the other husbands came down to support us.  It was fun to see them there at the beginning and then cheering us on at the end. There were only about 1,000 runners so much different than the 23,o00 at my San Francisco marathon.
Here's Avery being such a good girl for Daddy
This is right before the gun went off
After the race, I actually had all sorts of energy after, too bad I didn't have more during the race.
These are some of the girls.  Jenny (my friend who ran the marathon with me in October), Audrey, Brooke (who was 5 months pregnant), and Cathy
Brian wasn't sure this was me because I normally don't run with a hat
Here I am again, almost finished YEAH!!!

5 comments:

Tora Family said...

YEAH for YOU! Look at you all tan and sexy and running an 8k. I sure wouldn't look that good after running an 8k. And I have to give BIG TIME KUDOS to your friend who was 5 months pregnant and running 5 miles!!! ATTA GIRL!

April Garvin said...

Abby that is so great!! I didnt know you ran that. Good for you! How many miles was is?

Mark Anna Kaizer & Ryker said...

You look way good, That is awesome...Looks like it was way hot though! Hope all your family is doing well, take care
Anna

Dana said...

Look at you! You look great! So tan, fit and I love the green tank. I love the look on Avery's face in the pic with all you girls. Still can't believe that girl ran at 5 mos pregnant. I can't even do it when I'm not pregnant. I need your motivation to help me, wish we lived closer! :(

Blecca and R Home said...

how fun, I wish I could have been there with you! love you!